ONTAP Discussions

FAS2040 - 8.0X image (zip)

Klemen

Hello!

I would like to upgrade old FAS2040 from 7.3.7 to 8.0.x version and then to 8.1.x (reason is migration from 7-mode to CDOT with snapmirror, 8.1.x is required version).

Since there is no more download links - does anybody have this images (zip version of 8.0.x) somewhere?

Can you help me with this, please?

Thank you!

With regards,

Klemen

5 REPLIES 5

aladd

Those versions of ONTAP have been discontinued from the support site, however there are multiple options available for transition.

1. Copy based transition

2. Copy free transition

3. Snapmirror transition.

It may be worth looking into options 1 and 2 for the solution to the migration to CDOT.

To what version of CDOT do you intend to transition?

Klemen

Hello!

I know for this options, but i am looking also for those images, i prefer snapmirror migration.

The destination storage is FAS2750 with 9.7P18. Source is FAS2040.

With regards,

Klemne

AlexDawson

Hi there,

it is not an option to provide you with those images. They are no longer available from NetApp and it is against our licensing terms and global trade compliance obligations for others to provide them to you. Anyone doing so either on this thread or via message will have their account on here canceled and will be referred to our legal team.

That unpleasantness being said, we are keen to help you get the data across as easily as possible. What sort of data is on the system? CIFS or NFS file shares?Vmware data stores? Iscsi LUNs? And how much is there?

Klemen

Hello!

Thank you for your answer. We will migrate the data with some other procedure (NFS data).

With regards,

Klemen

AlexDawson

Ok! Have you looked at our XCP tool? https://xcp.netapp.com/

Public