The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

FAS3220 Dual Chassis HA interconnect error

uwf_chowell

Have a 2-node FAS2554 running ONTAP 9. I see this error message in the event log a couple of times an hour from both nodes:

csm.sessionFailed: Cluster interconnect session (req=uwfclu1c-01:dblade, rsp=uwfclu1c-02:dblade, uniquifier=08053e1f8099756e) failed with record state ACTIVE and error CSM_CONNABORTED

The error message appears to be benign so I'm just wondering where this is coming from. 

Thanks,

--Carl

3 REPLIES 3

Emile-Bodin

Hello,

The CSM (cluster session manager) is responsible for the connections between de dblades on the local or remote node/cluster.

The error "failed with record state ACTIVE and error CSM_CONNABORTED" is a message that is logged whenever a active snapmirror session has been completed and the connection is closed. In most cases this message is informational.

If you are experiencing snapmirror or cluster peering issues I would recommend opening a support case for further investigations.

Regards

sam_wozniak

I'm seeing this too on a FAS3220 recently upgraded to 8.3.2P5 and separately on a FAS2650 running 9.1RC1.  

aborzenkov
I do not know exact reason for this message, but it is not HA, it is cluster interconnect.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public