ONTAP Discussions

FAS3220 Dual Chassis HA interconnect error

uwf_chowell

Have a 2-node FAS2554 running ONTAP 9. I see this error message in the event log a couple of times an hour from both nodes:

csm.sessionFailed: Cluster interconnect session (req=uwfclu1c-01:dblade, rsp=uwfclu1c-02:dblade, uniquifier=08053e1f8099756e) failed with record state ACTIVE and error CSM_CONNABORTED

The error message appears to be benign so I'm just wondering where this is coming from. 

Thanks,

--Carl

3 REPLIES 3

aborzenkov
I do not know exact reason for this message, but it is not HA, it is cluster interconnect.

sam_wozniak

I'm seeing this too on a FAS3220 recently upgraded to 8.3.2P5 and separately on a FAS2650 running 9.1RC1.  

Emile-Bodin

Hello,

The CSM (cluster session manager) is responsible for the connections between de dblades on the local or remote node/cluster.

The error "failed with record state ACTIVE and error CSM_CONNABORTED" is a message that is logged whenever a active snapmirror session has been completed and the connection is closed. In most cases this message is informational.

If you are experiencing snapmirror or cluster peering issues I would recommend opening a support case for further investigations.

Regards

Public