ONTAP Discussions

FAS3270 DIMM model

jizzzy

Hi guys.

I checked below logs on our storage device.

so, i trying to schedule the replacement DIMM.

How can i find DIMM model name?

Is there any commands to check my device's dimm?

Please Let me know.

Sun May 23 11:56:07 KST [FAS3270A-S2: cecc_log.entry:warning]: 1: Correctable error at DIMM-1, Rank 3, Bank 4, CAS 0xa28, RAS 0x2c32, ECC-Locator 0x20000
Sun May 23 11:56:07 KST [FAS3270A-S2: cecc_log.summary:warning]: Total of 1 new correctable ECC errors just reported. You might want to check system memory. 1 correctable ECC errors reported since booting.
Mon May 24 11:56:25 KST [FAS3270A-S2: cecc_log.summary:warning]: Total of 1 new correctable ECC errors just reported. You might want to check system memory. 2 correctable ECC errors reported since booting.
Tue May 25 11:56:33 KST [FAS3270A-S2: cecc_log.summary:warning]: Total of 1 new correctable ECC errors just reported. You might want to check system memory. 3 correctable ECC errors reported since booting.
Wed May 26 11:56:41 KST [FAS3270A-S2: cecc_log.summary:warning]: Total of 1 new correctable ECC errors just reported. You might want to check system memory. 4 correctable ECC errors reported since booting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_AU

I checked Hardware Universe (HWU), and the DIMM modules for the FAS36270 are EOS. Here are the Marketing and Manufacturing Part Numbers from HWU:

DIMM 2GB - Mktg Part No: X3199-R6 - Mfg Part No: 111-00857
DIMM 4GB - Mktg Part No: X3250-R6 - Mfg Part No: 111-00856

While the part numbers are technically EOS, they are still orderable and in-stock in some of our replacement parts depots. I still recommend opening a Support case if you can.

On a side note, ONTAP 7-Mode 8.0.2 is technically "Obsolete" meaning we do not even have documentation for it. See Software Version Support for more details.

According to HWU, the FAS3270 running 7-mode can go up to ONTAP 8.2.5P5 which is in Limited Support according to Software Version Support.

Limited Support means documentation is available online, software is still accessible online, and you can still open support cases.

ONTAP 8.2.5P5 would also put you on the recommend 7-mode version according to SU2: Recommended ONTAP releases on the NetApp Support Site.

Upgrading to ONTAP 8.2.5P5 would improve supportability for your system including access to documentation and being able to open support cases.

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NetApp_AU

Hello,

The appropriate corrective actions depend on your ONTAP version. See this KB for more details.

If you find that it is necessary to replace the DIMM, open a technical case with NetApp Technical Support who will identify and ship the correct DIMM replacement part.

Team NetApp

jizzzy

Unfortunally our devices are EOA.

so I can't create new Case.

NetApp_AU

I checked Hardware Universe (HWU), and the DIMM modules for the FAS36270 are EOS. Here are the Marketing and Manufacturing Part Numbers from HWU:

DIMM 2GB - Mktg Part No: X3199-R6 - Mfg Part No: 111-00857
DIMM 4GB - Mktg Part No: X3250-R6 - Mfg Part No: 111-00856

While the part numbers are technically EOS, they are still orderable and in-stock in some of our replacement parts depots. I still recommend opening a Support case if you can.

On a side note, ONTAP 7-Mode 8.0.2 is technically "Obsolete" meaning we do not even have documentation for it. See Software Version Support for more details.

According to HWU, the FAS3270 running 7-mode can go up to ONTAP 8.2.5P5 which is in Limited Support according to Software Version Support.

Limited Support means documentation is available online, software is still accessible online, and you can still open support cases.

ONTAP 8.2.5P5 would also put you on the recommend 7-mode version according to SU2: Recommended ONTAP releases on the NetApp Support Site.

Upgrading to ONTAP 8.2.5P5 would improve supportability for your system including access to documentation and being able to open support cases.

Team NetApp

Mjizzini

jizzzy

OOPS my mistake.

We used ONTAP 7mode 8.0.2.

Please refer it and let me know.

Thanks

Public