ONTAP Discussions

FAS9000 join current cluster with error "Error: Failed to create Default Broadcast domain...."

River

Hi All :

I'm install 4 node FAS9000 and want to join current cluster but got error messages "Error: Failed to create Default Broadcast domain. Invalid target port list. All failover group ports must belong to the same broadcast domain." .

I had already replace Cluster Switch to CN3132 , and I had 8 node cluster originally( 2xFAS8080 , 2x FAS6290 , 4xFAS6280 ) that all CI connected with min. requirement as 2 ports and upgrade to Ontap9.1GA.

I can not find too much resource about the error message when I join FAS9000 into current cluster.

And I also failed to  un-join FAS9000 at the cluster ><".

Is there anyone have any idea about this situation?

Of cource I had case to NetApp and work with TSE now, I just like to find every resource in multi-possibles ways.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

In this instance, I suggest working with the TSE - this will require interactive troubleshooting and webex to ascertain current state and rectify to standard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

In this instance, I suggest working with the TSE - this will require interactive troubleshooting and webex to ascertain current state and rectify to standard.

View solution in original post

River

Hi all :

Yes , as fighting with back-end support for a few days.

It seems that I got dirty database.

And back-end support had fix the database, and FAS9000 had already join the cluster.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public