Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Fas 2240-4- add adidional DS4246 Disk Shelf

thomas382

Hello;

I have a FAS 2240-4 Single Head with one DS4246, and want to add the next DS4246.

My Plan tooks like this:

1. Cabling of the ACP correct (picture i found ihe forum)

2. Cabling the SAS, connect the Controller with the new Shelf firt, then connect Shelf 3 with Shelf 2.

Is this a way to do it with no ninterruprion?

What do you recommend?

Many Thanks, Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

Shelf adds are typically done with no disruption,  just disconnect one cable at a time. 

The ACP looks good in the drawing.  

I would add the new shelf to the end of the stack.   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lwebb

Just a suggestion.  You will be doing one side at a time from the controller, after you connect one side of the new shelf, you may want to run "storage show disk -p"   to see both paths.   This can be run in the nodeshell in cmode.   After the first path is connected to the new shelf, you should see 2 paths to all disks except for the new shelve's disks.

thomas382

Very good news!

Thanks a lot, i will do so tomorow evening.

Greetings, Thomas

thomas382

Thanke, it worked fine, no problem!

Greetings, Thomas

SpindleNinja

Shelf adds are typically done with no disruption,  just disconnect one cable at a time. 

The ACP looks good in the drawing.  

I would add the new shelf to the end of the stack.   

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public