ONTAP Discussions

How to show unprotected volumes in CLI

BEST

Am trying to check for unprotected volumes from command Line Interface and also a count of the volumes. 

The reason being that we want to prevent data loss as often times we experience volumes created without being protected.

Kindly provide a solution.

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

I always use AIQM (Unified Manager) to see the unprotected volumes, it's much convenient to be honest and you could also download the data.

Viewing volume protection status (netapp.com)

Using CLI, I don't know if there is one single command. I see there is a field 'vserver-dr-protection' but I guess that applies to volumes that are SVM-DR protected.

You can try this workaround:
1)::> vol show -type rw = All volumes
2)::> vol show -type DP = Only protected volumes

Put this into notepad++, You can probably filter the 'type' field in excel and get the list of volumes that are unprotected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

I always use AIQM (Unified Manager) to see the unprotected volumes, it's much convenient to be honest and you could also download the data.

Viewing volume protection status (netapp.com)

Using CLI, I don't know if there is one single command. I see there is a field 'vserver-dr-protection' but I guess that applies to volumes that are SVM-DR protected.

You can try this workaround:
1)::> vol show -type rw = All volumes
2)::> vol show -type DP = Only protected volumes

Put this into notepad++, You can probably filter the 'type' field in excel and get the list of volumes that are unprotected.

Public