ONTAP Discussions

How to test 7-mode ONTAP storage connectivity between the SNMP server

wzndragon1

I need to periodically test the connectivity between the ONTAP storage and the SNMP server,For cmode storage, I use a - : : * > event generate message - a name monitor. Volume. NearlyFull - values Test, test, test, test, test, test command, the client agrees to can test during the day,But for 7-mode, I don't know if there's an equivalent command,So each time I create a volume and then delete the volume,So each time I create a volume and then delete the volume,which the client is only allowed to do at night.

I was wondering if there was an equivalent command,junt like event generate in cmode.

If there is no equivalent command, whether there is a read-only operation in 7mode can generate an event.

Looking forward to your reply

3 REPLIES 3

maffo

in 7-mode you can use "ems generate" to achieve the same thing you do with "event generate" in c-dot, you will need to run "priv set advanced" first.

wzndragon1

Hi,maffo:

Today I checked 7-mode 8.2.4P4, but in advanced mode, I did not find ems generate command, but I saw a command EMS invoke event-id, is this command similar to event generate command?Do you have any actual examples?

Do you have any actual examples?

maffo

apologies, I indeed meant "ems invoke" in my previous reply: examples for that command will be strictly relevant to the event you want to generate since each one will require different arguments to be filled in.
as a side note, I just tried a quick reproduction on a 7-mode machine I have (8.2.5) and I don't see ONTAP logging anything in messages when a new volume is created (but being taken offline and destroyed is logged) - confirm this by yourself by running "rdfile /etc/messages:.
volume create events can be found in the audit log (rdfile /etc/log/auditlog) which can be forwarded to a remote syslog server (but can't generate SNMP traps from ONTAP), see "man -s 5 na_auditlog"

Public