ONTAP Discussions

Inconsistent shelf configuration

EricJo

Hello everybody, 

i have a issue after upgrading to Data OnTap 8.2.3. 

I get the following message on my controller: 

[Controller:ses.incosistent.config:CRITICAL]: Inconsistent configuration detected for shelf to host adapter, 0b

Running a FAS2240-4 

Data OnTap 8.2.3

Any ideas ? 

Thanks in advice

4 REPLIES 4

SaurabhBang

I am facing the same issue. 

Mon Mar 16 20:20:11 CST [cnsznas02:ses.inconsistent.config:CRITICAL]: Inconsistent configuration detected for shelf connected to host adapter 0b.
Mon Mar 16 20:20:11 CST [cnsznas02:ses.inconsistent.config:CRITICAL]: Inconsistent configuration detected for shelf connected to host adapter , 0b.

I have ran config advisor and it doesnt point out to any issue. 

Can someone please help??

Regards,

Saurabh

deepuj

Hi,

There is a bug, you can see the Public Report in the link below

http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=834432

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

rh
Did you try running the ConfigAdvisor tool? This is a free download from NetApp and will doubtless highlight what the issue is? Regards, Richard.

deepuj

Hi,

This message occurs when the system detects that there is inconsistency in configuration for shelf connected to this host adapter.This would point to a cabling problem. Do you have access to all the disks?

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public