ONTAP Discussions

Issues with Centos and Kerberos setup - Also alot of HA failures

Wrighty

Hi Everyone,

Im new to Netapps and currently been testing it for my company as a new online NFS share using Centos 7.5. I have enabled kerberos and connected the Centos box to the domain. 

Whenever I try to mount the NFS share, I get an auth issue, I have double checked the SPN and UPN are correct within AD and the centos box is pulling the kerberos key, this is present within the 'klist' command. I have checked the name mapping within my Netapps setup and this has been working. Is there anything I could be missing to get kerberos 5 working with nfs mounts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Could you elaborate more on 'auth issues' that you are facing ? Errors/log/screenshot you could share ?

Also, have you had a chance to see this TR, this is a very well written KB, so much info is in there.

It's worth just reading the kerb auth process in there.

Kerberos, NFSv4, and LDAP in ONTAP
https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4073.pdf

Also give us this:
centos kernel version? [uname -a]
nfs-utils package version? [rpm -qa nfs-uti*]

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Could you elaborate more on 'auth issues' that you are facing ? Errors/log/screenshot you could share ?

Also, have you had a chance to see this TR, this is a very well written KB, so much info is in there.

It's worth just reading the kerb auth process in there.

Kerberos, NFSv4, and LDAP in ONTAP
https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4073.pdf

Also give us this:
centos kernel version? [uname -a]
nfs-utils package version? [rpm -qa nfs-uti*]

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public