ONTAP Discussions

LTO-9 support

VMH

Is there a plan to provide support fro LTO-9?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Yes, LTO-9 support will be coming bundled into a future version of ONTAP, and into the ONTAP TCF for older versions in the near future.

If you have an immediate requirement for support of an LTO-9 drive at this time, please lodge a support case, referencing BURT 1466580 and asking for an updated TCF supporting that drive.

If you have no luck with that, please let me know the case number and I will follow up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

Yes, LTO-9 support will be coming bundled into a future version of ONTAP, and into the ONTAP TCF for older versions in the near future.

If you have an immediate requirement for support of an LTO-9 drive at this time, please lodge a support case, referencing BURT 1466580 and asking for an updated TCF supporting that drive.

If you have no luck with that, please let me know the case number and I will follow up.

darb0505

@VMH,

As mention by @AlexDawson, you can reference Bug 1466580 if you open a support case.  Also here are some additional links that may help.

KB: Is IBM ULT3580-HH9 tape supported with ONTAP

Also information on using non-qualified tape drives.  Please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,

Brad

Team NetApp
Public