ONTAP Discussions

Highlighted

Licensing for FAS 3220

Hi All,

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction here. We have acquired 2 x FAS 3220 Filers and 2 X DS4243 Shelves. I have cabled this together ready for HA and completed all inital setup.

The filers have come with Data Ontap 8.2.3p5 in 7-mode. I have accessed the filer via oncommand system manager and I have no licenses for anything. I mainly plan on using this as a SAN for our vcentre servers but also will likely use it for file/folder storage.  So for this I need an NFS/CIFS and an iSCSI license. From what I have read in version 8 of data ontap the license is linked to the serial of the filers? I know this device/software version is a few years old now, so what would be the best way of getting the license I need? I have looked downgrading the controllers to version 7.3.6 but from what I read I don't believe the controllers will run this older version.

If anyone could give me a hand on my next steps it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Licensing for FAS 3220

Minimal Data ONTAP version for FAS3220 - 8.1.2. Licenses are available on NetApp portal if you have access to this serial number. You should ask whoever gave you these units to also give you licenses.
Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums