ONTAP Discussions

Migrate nodes to ADP

Stormont

We have an FAS8200 connected to a DS2246 shelf of 24 x 200GB SSDs.  When the system was initialized, ADP wasn't an option.  We are now going to be adding a DS4246 shelf of 12 x 8TB disks and we were wondering if the root aggregates can be migrated from that DS2246 shelf onto the new shelf and migrate to ADP at the same time?  Or is the only way to switch to ADP to move everything off of those two nodes and re-initialize them?

2 REPLIES 2

TMACMD

There is a way. It requires manual partitioning of the SSDs. Then there is a cool command to redo the node root volumes.

That process uses Aggr Relocation to send all data AGGRs to the partner, then an automated process will create a new root on the ADP devices and restore the root volume back. You then repeat the other way.

It is not for the  feint of heart! 

There is a KB article, I am not sure if it is even customer facing. I may be able to dig up more if you'd like!

Stormont
I am intrigued. Let me know of you can find it.

Information in this e-mail may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender of the error.
Public