ONTAP Discussions

Modify network lif phisical port from single port to LAG

tpeter

Hi Experts,

We have a dual controller FAS2750 setup, with 4x10Gbps RJ45 Eth for data traffic.

It is an NFS NAS with a single 10Gbps lif configured on e0c.

I have created an LACP group a0c with e0e,e0f participating, also done the switch side config.

I would like to use the LACP LAG, a0c (20Gbps) for NFS uplink, instead of a single 10G connection.

Can you suggest me a solution or a KB, to achive this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TMACMD

Provided the port channel/ifgrp and the e0c are in the same broadcast domain, if you want to do this without ONTAP complaining:

add the a0a ports to the same broadcast domain as e0c

start an external ping going to one of your lifs. 
Migrate the port from home-port of e0c to a0a. 
make sure the lif goes to a0a

if the ping continues, all good. If not revert the port back to e0c and fix your network. 

when it’s definitely working, modify the home-port from e0c to a0a. The port should now be home since you did a migrate and a revert. 

You can remove the e0c ports from the broadcast domain

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TMACMD

Provided the port channel/ifgrp and the e0c are in the same broadcast domain, if you want to do this without ONTAP complaining:

add the a0a ports to the same broadcast domain as e0c

start an external ping going to one of your lifs. 
Migrate the port from home-port of e0c to a0a. 
make sure the lif goes to a0a

if the ping continues, all good. If not revert the port back to e0c and fix your network. 

when it’s definitely working, modify the home-port from e0c to a0a. The port should now be home since you did a migrate and a revert. 

You can remove the e0c ports from the broadcast domain

tpeter

Thanks,

Solved:

network interface migrate -vserver <vserver-name> -lif <lif-name> -source-node <node-name> -destination-node <node-name> -destination-port <port-name>

Public