ONTAP Discussions

Need to re-IP management ports of an FAS2750

zibby

Hello everyone,

I've inherited an FAS2750.  The management ports of the nodes and the cluster are on the 192.168.0 network.  I want to move everything off that network and onto another so I need to learn how to identify the MAC address of each node and how to re-IP each node and the cluster.  Also, can I do this without data loss?  The unit hosts VMware VMs using an iSCSI connection to the hosts.  These connections are on a different subnet which I don't need to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpindleNinja

this will get you the MACs.  

>row 0 

>net port show -fields mac

This will show you what interface is on what port: 

net int show 

Typically node mgmt is on e0M ports on each cluster.  Cluster mgmt can be elsewhere but on the smaller systems usually on e0M as well.  You'll be able to shuffle around the mgmt ports and reIP without impacting iSCSI 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SpindleNinja

this will get you the MACs.  

>row 0 

>net port show -fields mac

This will show you what interface is on what port: 

net int show 

Typically node mgmt is on e0M ports on each cluster.  Cluster mgmt can be elsewhere but on the smaller systems usually on e0M as well.  You'll be able to shuffle around the mgmt ports and reIP without impacting iSCSI 

zibby

This was very helpful.  I now see the interfaces I need to re-IP.  What is the command to re-IP an interface?

Public