ONTAP Discussions

NetApp NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI for ESXi 8.*

OnlyMe

Hi,

NetApp NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI version 2.0.1 was released in February 1st,

However, it supports ESXi 7.*,

Please advise when do you plan to release it for ESXi 8.0 (which was released late last year).

Thanks,

Roy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RossC

Hi @OnlyMe 

As a general comment, we don't share release dates, ETA's or specific date or time commitments for software releases on our forums (unless it's already been publicly announced). 

I would suggest you reach out to your local partner or NetApp Accounts Team. They have the ability to, on your behalf, reach out to our product management teams to get clarification on roadmaps and other release information that they may be able to share with you directly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RossC

Hi @OnlyMe 

As a general comment, we don't share release dates, ETA's or specific date or time commitments for software releases on our forums (unless it's already been publicly announced). 

I would suggest you reach out to your local partner or NetApp Accounts Team. They have the ability to, on your behalf, reach out to our product management teams to get clarification on roadmaps and other release information that they may be able to share with you directly.

OnlyMe

OK... thanks...

OnlyMe

Hi,

I have reached out to my local partner or NetApp Accounts Team, there is no ETA...

I find it hard to believe that ESXi 8.X is out for quite some time, and the VAAI is not released yet,

Very disappointing 

RossC

Hi @OnlyMe 

Apologies you've not been able to get the information you are looking for from your local NetApp team.

I'll see what else I can find out that might help explain the situation further. 

Thankyou for your patience.

RossC

Hi @OnlyMe 

I can confirm that the new version of the NetApp NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI is coming. A few contributing factors led to some delays with the release.

I know that doesn't help too much with your situation, but I just wanted to at least put it on your radar that things are still moving forward with getting a release out the door to support ESX 8.x.

OnlyMe

Thanks,

Do you have an ETA? even which quarter?

RossC

Hi @OnlyMe 

As a general update for any folks looking at this thread. Progress is being made on developing the newest version of the plugin. It's currently in QA stages.

RossC

@OnlyMe and others whom stumble across this thread,

The new version of NetApp NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI 2.0.1 that supports ESX 8.x* is now available for download - https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/5d9f10fae01d9c0001ee4a74/downloads-tab/download/61278/2.0.1

OnlyMe

@RossC This is so awesome Ross C, thank you and NetApp!!!

Will download and start upgrading my environment!

Thanks again!

eliasp

Even though it might be compatible with 8.x, when creating a new baseline including the 2.0.1 release, it is displayed as compatible with 7.x, but not 8.x.

Public