ONTAP Discussions

OCUM error on monitoring the cluster

tibak

Hi ,

I recently receive warning in OCUM that:

Monitoring failed for cluster  xxx. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])

Health: Poll failed

Error: Monitoring failed for cluster caot1. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])

Performance: Poll completed

I couldnt find what is the reason .

Any thought about it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

i also had frequent events like that on my OCUM 7.0 . and two weeks ago i found KB: and since i rebooted the server (as the KB says) i haven't seen any new event

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/unified-manager-for-clustered-data-ontap-is-unable-to-update-cluster-data-with-error-cannot-update-server-or-i...

iv'e just checked and the last event was: (proving it's indeed fixed. as we had these events every few nights), seems like permanent fix already baked in OCUM 7.1

Gidi

Event: Cluster Monitoring Failed (Triggered Time: 03 Feb 2017, 12:33)
Summary
Severity:Warning
Impact Level:Risk
Impact Area:Availability
State:Obsolete (03 Feb 2017, 13:03)
Obsoleted Cause:The issue is fixed and the event is obsolete.
Source:XXX
Source Annotations:environment:Backups, Location:DC2
Source Groups:
Source Type:Cluster
Acknowledged By:
Resolved By:
Assigned To:
Triggered Time:03 Feb 2017, 12:33
Trigger Condition:  Monitoring failed for cluster XXX. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])
Alert Settings:GMT_P3_IR_Creation

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

venkat3

This would need netapp support case for further triage.If not done, please do so.

GidonMarcus

Hi

i also had frequent events like that on my OCUM 7.0 . and two weeks ago i found KB: and since i rebooted the server (as the KB says) i haven't seen any new event

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/unified-manager-for-clustered-data-ontap-is-unable-to-update-cluster-data-with-error-cannot-update-server-or-i...

iv'e just checked and the last event was: (proving it's indeed fixed. as we had these events every few nights), seems like permanent fix already baked in OCUM 7.1

Gidi

Event: Cluster Monitoring Failed (Triggered Time: 03 Feb 2017, 12:33)
Summary
Severity:Warning
Impact Level:Risk
Impact Area:Availability
State:Obsolete (03 Feb 2017, 13:03)
Obsoleted Cause:The issue is fixed and the event is obsolete.
Source:XXX
Source Annotations:environment:Backups, Location:DC2
Source Groups:
Source Type:Cluster
Acknowledged By:
Resolved By:
Assigned To:
Triggered Time:03 Feb 2017, 12:33
Trigger Condition:  Monitoring failed for cluster XXX. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])
Alert Settings:GMT_P3_IR_Creation

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public