ONTAP Discussions

OCUM error on monitoring the cluster

tibak

Hi ,

I recently receive warning in OCUM that:

Monitoring failed for cluster  xxx. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])

Health: Poll failed

Error: Monitoring failed for cluster caot1. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])

Performance: Poll completed

I couldnt find what is the reason .

Any thought about it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

i also had frequent events like that on my OCUM 7.0 . and two weeks ago i found KB: and since i rebooted the server (as the KB says) i haven't seen any new event

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/unified-manager-for-clustered-data-ontap-is-unable-to-update-cluster-data-with-error-cannot-update-server-or-i...

iv'e just checked and the last event was: (proving it's indeed fixed. as we had these events every few nights), seems like permanent fix already baked in OCUM 7.1

Gidi

Event: Cluster Monitoring Failed (Triggered Time: 03 Feb 2017, 12:33)
Summary
Severity:Warning
Impact Level:Risk
Impact Area:Availability
State:Obsolete (03 Feb 2017, 13:03)
Obsoleted Cause:The issue is fixed and the event is obsolete.
Source:XXX
Source Annotations:environment:Backups, Location:DC2
Source Groups:
Source Type:Cluster
Acknowledged By:
Resolved By:
Assigned To:
Triggered Time:03 Feb 2017, 12:33
Trigger Condition:  Monitoring failed for cluster XXX. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])
Alert Settings:GMT_P3_IR_Creation

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

venkat3

This would need netapp support case for further triage.If not done, please do so.

GidonMarcus

Hi

i also had frequent events like that on my OCUM 7.0 . and two weeks ago i found KB: and since i rebooted the server (as the KB says) i haven't seen any new event

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/unified-manager-for-clustered-data-ontap-is-unable-to-update-cluster-data-with-error-cannot-update-server-or-i...

iv'e just checked and the last event was: (proving it's indeed fixed. as we had these events every few nights), seems like permanent fix already baked in OCUM 7.1

Gidi

Event: Cluster Monitoring Failed (Triggered Time: 03 Feb 2017, 12:33)
Summary
Severity:Warning
Impact Level:Risk
Impact Area:Availability
State:Obsolete (03 Feb 2017, 13:03)
Obsoleted Cause:The issue is fixed and the event is obsolete.
Source:XXX
Source Annotations:environment:Backups, Location:DC2
Source Groups:
Source Type:Cluster
Acknowledged By:
Resolved By:
Assigned To:
Triggered Time:03 Feb 2017, 12:33
Trigger Condition:  Monitoring failed for cluster XXX. Reason: Cannot update server (com.netapp.oci.server.UpdateTaskException [339-132-983])
Alert Settings:GMT_P3_IR_Creation

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public