ONTAP Discussions

ONTAP 8.2.x downloads

Malcolm66

I have been given the job of supporting a customer with a NetApp FAS2240-2 system that is out of support due to its age. This system will be replaced soon, but I have run into a problem meanwhile. It is running ONTAP 8.2.1 and I have an issue with the recent Microsoft Windows NetLogon enforcement change and CIFS. The NetApp support page "Microsoft Security Advisory CVE-2020-1472 impact on NetApp appliance running CIFS or NFS utilizing Netlogon servers" has a suggestion that I upgrade to ONTAP 8.2.5P5 to solve this issue. Could you tell me is it still possible to download the ONTAP 8.2.X versions? I have looked at the NetApp download site and I cannot see any downloads. Have they been removed due to their support level? Are they to be found on any Archive site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

Data ONTAP 7-mode 8.2, still has limited support available until 31-Dec-2022. You should be able to download provided you have the right credentials.

link:
https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/dataontap8/downloads-tab/download/30092/8.2.5P5

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ontapforrum

Data ONTAP 7-mode 8.2, still has limited support available until 31-Dec-2022. You should be able to download provided you have the right credentials.

link:
https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/dataontap8/downloads-tab/download/30092/8.2.5P5

Malcolm66

Thank you very much that took me right to the correct place once I signed on. I have downloaded the image.

paul_stejskal

Check your contract. I don't know how ONTAP software is downloaded (legally) if the system is out of support. You could land in hot water if it is downloaded on an unsupported system and applied.

minsu_K

Dear Malcolm66.
I'm sorry, but could you send me the ontap 8.2.2 file? It is no longer downloaded from the netapp homepage. 8.2.2 files are required.
Please. cadzz@n-link.co.kr

Public