ONTAP Discussions

Highlighted

ONTAP Select Node Recovery

Hey everyone,

is there a possibility to recover/newly create a failed node with the help of the ONTAP Select deploy VM?

In my scenario I'm using the ONTAP Select Deploy VM in version 2.6 and set up a 2-Node Cluster in evalualtion mode.

I then deleted one node directly on the ESXi server to simulate a crash of that ESXi Server.

After using the "deloy refresh" button the deploy VM is aware of the missing cluster node, but I cannot find a way to "reinstall" a new node inte the existing 2-Node cluster.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: ONTAP Select Node Recovery

As far as I'm aware of and having worked on it for a similar requirement; NetApp don't have a documented procedure for it, but insist on performing recovery in consulation with P1 support. This is only possible if it is a production system, and not with a evaluation or demo version.

I've simulated node crash and VM crash scenarios and recovered; however, they were done in collaboration with NetApp team members. There are multiple steps and have to be done cautiously.

If there is potential for you to purchase a full version of the software post evaluation, then I would suggest working with Netapp account support/sales teams and you performing the crash/recovery test before go-live with a full licensed version, thereby you gain all acceptance tests.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: ONTAP Select Node Recovery

Hey Reg,

thanks for your answer!

I've made similar expiriences with the vsa (Storevirtual) from HPE.

Check out the KB!
NetApp Insights To Action
All Community Forums