ONTAP Discussions

ONTAP Select Single node cluster Deploy VM mandatory after cluster create

f_defrocourt

Hi all,

After a single node cluster deployment, is Deploy VM can be deleted ?

Or Licence check is done by Deploy VM at every reboot of ONTAP Select VM ?

Thanks,

François

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JohnChampion

There is no dependency on Deploy for any cluster configuratoin EXCEPT a 2-node cluster - where it is used as the mediator (witness).    

That being said, it is useful for starting/stopping the cluster, status monitoring, and troubleshooting.  I'd recommend not deleting it - just shut it down.

But if you MUST delete the Deploy VM I'd suggest you take a backup and download the package before you remove it.

From the CLI:

deploy backup create -name {backup_name} -foreground

deploy backup show -detailed

(Copy Download URL into browser and save the file)

Then if for some reason you needed the Deploy Utility, you could restore the database using the CLI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JohnChampion

There is no dependency on Deploy for any cluster configuratoin EXCEPT a 2-node cluster - where it is used as the mediator (witness).    

That being said, it is useful for starting/stopping the cluster, status monitoring, and troubleshooting.  I'd recommend not deleting it - just shut it down.

But if you MUST delete the Deploy VM I'd suggest you take a backup and download the package before you remove it.

From the CLI:

deploy backup create -name {backup_name} -foreground

deploy backup show -detailed

(Copy Download URL into browser and save the file)

Then if for some reason you needed the Deploy Utility, you could restore the database using the CLI.

f_defrocourt

Thanks a lot John,

That's what i guessed.

Regards,

François

Public