ONTAP Discussions

OnTap Select and Deploy - Changing the Default Gateway

TMADOCTHOMAS

Hello,

I need to change the default gateway for the management interfaces in an OnTAP Select 2-node cluster and in the OnTAP Deploy VM due to pending network changes. Would like some feedback on the following issues if anyone can assist!

1. Within OnTAP Select I will add the new route with a lower metric, and delete the old route once the network change is made. I will also change the gateway in the subnet, although I'm not sure if I need to do anything special after that to make the management interfaces 'pick up' the change. Does that happen automatically when I add the new route and remove the old one?
  2. Within OnTAP Deploy, two issues. One: I think that when I choose "Cluster Refresh" it will pick up the new default gateway; does that sound right? Two: I need to change the default gateway for the Deploy VM itself, but cannot find anywhere in either the GUI or command line interface where to make the change! Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Fabian1993

1. You can create a new route to your SVM's with lower metric, that works fine.

2. I used the VMware vApp Configuration Tab to Change the Default Gateway.. Another Option is to Backup the Configuration of the ONTAP Deploy and migrate to a new..(SSH to Deploy Instance and to the Steps in the Guide: https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-select/task_cli_migrate_deploy.html)

Offical Guide for your Case doesn't exists

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you @Fabian1993 ! All good tips. As it turns out, surprisingly, I found out over the weekend that we won't actually have to make this change after all :), but this is still a good exercise in knowing what to do if it ever comes up! I actually didn't see the vApp Configuration Tab, not sure why.

Public