Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Other than admin or who has the privilege on the filer, who else can set up a new SS schedule?

netappmagic

All the sudden, a new snapshot schedule under the SS policy associating with a volume has been setup. As before there is only one schedule associating a volume, which will be taken once per day. Now, 2nd schedule got created, and once every 8 hours, in addtion to previous one.

We have a few people who have admin access. My question, can customer set up a snapshot policy?

What is log file should I check into to find out details about this change?

ver: 8.2.3

Thanks you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JSHACHER11

I booked a lab just for you...

cluster1::*> debug log files modify -incl-files mgwd
cluster1::*> debug log show -timestamp >30m

Tue Mar 17 06:33:27 2015 cluster1-01 [kern_mgwd:info:901] ssh :: 192.168.0.5 :: admin :: volume create -vserver svm-exchange -volume test_vol -size 3g -aggregate aggr1_01 :: Pending

cluster1::*> net traceroute -node cluster1-01 -destination 192.168.0.5
  (network traceroute)
traceroute to 192.168.0.5 (192.168.0.5), 64 hops max, 44 byte packets
 1  jumphost (192.168.0.5)  0.350 ms *  0.414 ms

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KamilB

Mentioned /etc/log/auditlog file is fine for 7-mode systems.

On cDOT the auditing has been changed completely.

See here how to check who was doing what on your system:

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1636068/html/GUID-279ACA3C-00D2-490C-BEE9-C05625A550B1.html

---------

'Kudos' is a good way to say "Thank you" 🙂

netappmagic

well, It is weird. I could not find how the snpashot all the suddent starts to be scheduled. 

I checked auditlog.* under /mroot/etc/log, I don't see any related actions, and also command-history.log.* as well. 

Can anybody please shed some lights here?

JSHACHER11

I booked a lab just for you...

cluster1::*> debug log files modify -incl-files mgwd
cluster1::*> debug log show -timestamp >30m

Tue Mar 17 06:33:27 2015 cluster1-01 [kern_mgwd:info:901] ssh :: 192.168.0.5 :: admin :: volume create -vserver svm-exchange -volume test_vol -size 3g -aggregate aggr1_01 :: Pending

cluster1::*> net traceroute -node cluster1-01 -destination 192.168.0.5
  (network traceroute)
traceroute to 192.168.0.5 (192.168.0.5), 64 hops max, 44 byte packets
 1  jumphost (192.168.0.5)  0.350 ms *  0.414 ms

View solution in original post

netappmagic
Could backup software somehow create schedules? I heard that we are using snapshot backup, TSM. Could this integrated software start up SS?

JGPSHNTAP

Not sure what you mean by customer, but if you mean end user, no, unless they have rights.

check the audit log file

/etc/log/auditlog

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public