ONTAP Discussions

Powershell toolkit issues unless using ZAPICALL

Rahamim

Hi everyone,

I have been using the PSTK and have recently upgraded our ONTAP to 9.13.1. My module was already updated to the latest version.

I have 2 issues:

1. When I try to use Get-NcSnapshots without ZAPICALL it is extremely slow.
  2. When I run the Get-NcVol, the "Used" parameter is empty. Adding the ZAPICALL adds the used percentage.

We use the PSTK for reporting only.

It isn't a permissions issue. What am I missing?

Rahamim.

3 REPLIES 3

TMACMD

On 9.13, I thought zapi was gone?

You should be moving to REST and off of ZAPI

i guess they re-thought that. Take a look at the faq. It may help

https://kb.netapp.com/onprem/ontap/dm/REST_API/FAQs_on_ZAPI_to_ONTAP_REST_API_transformation_for_CPC_(Customer_Product_Communiques)_notification

Rahamim

It doesn't exactly help.

I want to understand how I make sure I use Rest API with the powershell module. And I want the response to be quicker. It would also be extremely helpful if there was more documentation.

Mattias

Yeah its awful, posted about the same thing got no answer. I guess NetApp response is "tought luck" or something similar, not been a good transition about this so far.  I been just having to grind the little technical info there is about this. Just started a NetApp Lab-on-demand it seem to have some tutorial about the rest API for powershell. 

On NetApps github there are only sample script for python, maybe will check that out also later.

But since your thread got about 700 views rather quickly and no real answers and mine got 500 views and no answer there seems to be a knowledge gap here that could be adressed by NetApp.

Public