ONTAP Discussions

Presenting many LUNs in simple way

YeremiaSionC

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in NetApp Community, and i want to ask a question.

So, right now i`m doing a POC Scenario using NetApp AFF A300 with 133 LUNs and will be presented to Solaris Host, my question is. Could we present those 133 LUNs to Solaris in 1 simple way / 1 time execution all those LUNs can be presented maybe using script or something.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi, it will work with any command.

By "command", I refer to the CLI accessible by the SSH protocol, via client software such as putty.

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GidonMarcus

For a one-time-job if you are not experienced with coding the quickest way is to test a working command line in putty (LUN create... for example). Then put this in the 1st column in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets. in the 2nd one put a number, in the 3rd the continues of the command (if needed) then drag the 3 cells down to duplicate the content and have the automated numbering running. Copy it all to notepad, replace the 'tab' char with an empty content. And run in putty....

aaa.png

You can of-course automate the creation in any scripting language or, or use tools like NetApp WFA or configuration management such Ansible (open source) or others - many of the tools and languages have NetApp extension. See more in https://netapp.io  https://devnet.netapp.com

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

YeremiaSionC

Hi Gidon,

Thank you for your suggestion, is that step also applicable for presenting LUNs to a Host?

YeremiaSionC_0-1610891803026.png

This is LUNs that i`ve been created.

GidonMarcus

Hi, it will work with any command.

By "command", I refer to the CLI accessible by the SSH protocol, via client software such as putty.

Public