Protection Manager does not support or understand native vFiler DR using vfiler Interface which you are trying to do.
But we do have a NetApp Management Console (NMC) plugin which allows you to Create, Update and perform fail-over and fail back of vFiler DR using its own interface via ONTAP API. The link to the same is available below.
It allows to do the following.
The VFiler DR plugin is a NMC plugin for DFM4.X or OnCommand X.X that provides a consistent graphical user interface for the management of VFilers. The plugin will use Filer APIs, and thus will provide the DR features as provided by the ONTAP Filers.
- VFiler View - Shows the current state of all VFilers in the system, as well as network, storage and service data for the currently selected VFiler.
- VFiler Create - Allows the creation of Primary VFilers, including the creation of root volumes.
- VFiler Edit - Allows the editing of VFiler properties, including security and network settings as well as adding volumes and qtrees.
- VFiler Protect - Allows the creation of DR VFilers.
- VFiler Start - Allows starting of Primary VFilers.
- VFiler Stop - Allows stopping of Primary VFilers.
- VFiler Activate - Activates DR VFiler into a Primary VFiler.
- VFiler Resync - Sync changes from an active VFiler to its backup VFiler.
- VFiler Delete - Allows the deletion of either Primary or DR VFilers.
Minimum Required version is DFM 4.0 or later and ONTAP 7.3.5 or later.
Also here is a kb which describes how OCUM handles relationships when vFilers are endpoints.