ONTAP Discussions

Question Regarding Total Latency and Throughput of Disk

Shivang

I want to monitor Disk Performance for NETAPP and I am using ONTAP API. I need the following performance metrics from ONTAP API:

1)Total Latency for Disk:

We can monitor Total latency using "Operation_latency" field for Cluster-Mode Disk Performance data, but How to calculate Total Latency for 7-Mode Disk Performance data? Can we calculate it by using read/write latency? If yes then can you please give me an idea how to calculate?

2) Read Throughput and Write Throughput for Disk Performance:

Same as above, we can monitor Throughput using fields (read_data_rate and write_data_rate) for Cluster-Mode but how to calculate it for 7-Mode disk performance data?

We have read_blocks_rate and write_blocks_rate but I have tried to calculate Throughput using both this field(by multiplying block size) but it is not matching with that data_rate.

1 REPLY 1

Jeff_Yao

are u saying, you have a cmode system but there're some 7mode disks in it? or other scenario, you want to use cmode api to check 7mode system? if i recalled right, 7mode and cmode are using different APIs. 

hopefully helps

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public