ONTAP Discussions

Report showing volumes with NVE enabled??

bcstorage

Good afternoon!

Is there a report available that will show all volumes that have NVE enabled in 9.1?  I have looked in OCUM and System Manager but I did not see anything.  The only thing I have found so far is doing a screenshot of the 'Volumes' screen under each SVM.  I am trying to provide proof for an audit report that we have encrypted specific volumes using NVE.  I have attempted to use the 'volume show' command from the CLI but I have not hit on the right combination of parameters to display what I need.  It shows the volume name and several other attributes but there is not a column for 'Encryption' with a 'true' result listed.  If anyone has any ideas for getting a report, please share.

Thank you,

Bill

3 REPLIES 3

Sahana

Hi,

Try using the command  volume show -is-encrypted true

volume show -encryption will list the encryption state for all volumes. None indicates not encrypted.

Refer https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMLP2572742

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

bcstorage

Sahana,

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried both of these commands and they both give me information about the encrypted volumes.  The volume show -is-encrypted true command would be great if it had a column that said 'Encryption' and showed a result. The volume show -encryption command has that column and would be great if I could limit the output to just the volumes that have encryption enabled. 

I know this sounds picky but our auditors can be sticklers at times.  They want system generated reports that show the information clearly.  The closest thing I have found was in System Manager.  There is a column that shows if the volume is encrypted.  I just haven't figured out a way to export the data in that screen.  It may come down to a screen shot and hope they accept it. 

Thanks again!  I appreciate you taking the time to offer a solution.

1BillK

These will display the output you are looking for:

vol show -fields encryption-state

vol show -fields encrypt

-Bill

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public