ONTAP Discussions

S3 Bucket as Config Backup

nico_seiberth

Hi, 

currently I try to configure a SGRID S3 Bucket as a ONTAP Cluster Configuration Backup destination. 

Is it possible to backup the cluster configuration to an S3 bucket via  HTTPS? - NetApp Knowledge Base

I configured everything according to ONTAP, AWS Presign and SGRID but the backup fails. 

Access to the buckets via S3 Browser or Download of Files using Presigned URL works well. 

Has anyone in here successfully configured SGRID S3 Buckets as a Cluster Configuration Backup destination?

Regards, 

Nico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aronk

ONTAP uses POST for HTTPS which is not currently supported by StorageGRID. So, the only option is to use HTTP. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

paul_stejskal

It seems so, but we probably need logs on both SG and ONTAP side. I'd go the case route to figure out what is going on.

nico_seiberth

Hi, 

i got a solution with help of the NetApp SGRID guys, but only via http. Has anyone tried with https in in the meantime?

Regards, 

Nico

paul_stejskal

Hmm. I'm surprised HTTPS isn't working. Are you getting an error with the SSL cert?

nico_seiberth

Hi, no SSL error regarding certificates. I just get "no answer". Firewalls are ok. I had to create an HTTP endpoint and then it works like a charme using HTTP.

I will double check the POST requirement in HTTPS with SGRID. It is mentioned within NetApp KB aswell. I know that POST is supported in SGRID but only for object restores.

If this is not possible, i will look for an S3 Bucket in AWS, and try this as a Backup destination.

nico_seiberth

S3PostObject is not working as already mentioned. I will go for AWS S3.

aronk

ONTAP uses POST for HTTPS which is not currently supported by StorageGRID. So, the only option is to use HTTP. 

NSe

Hi everybody, has somebody implemented this with AWS S3?

Public