ONTAP Discussions

SAN on FAS2040 one controller - cannot communicate with other cluster nodes

D_BEREZENKO

Hi. I have demo system with one controller FAS2040. Installed 8.1.4 Clustered Ontap.

Trying to create lun/igroup/portset, start iscsi, start FC with next error:

Data ONTAP API Failed :SAN management operation failed, kernel configuration service cannot communicate with other cluster nodes. Node cl-01 may be in the process of becoming ready, please retry the command. (error 53)

How to resolve the issue?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

D_BEREZENKO

Probably it is because single node cluster supported only with 8.2 or higher...

scottgelb

Most likely...and can't run 8.2 on 2040...blah.. it would be worth checking that there is a target port available and the fc are not set to initiator but doesn't look like it got that far and is looking for a another node...since a lab system I would try setting epsilon on this node and see if that allows it to work since it can probably be a quorum that way.

D_BEREZENKO

FAS2040 officially supported with Clustered Ontap 8.1.4, I'm not trying to hack the storage

I suppose it is only meter of time wen 8.2 will be available for it, at list I hope so.

Please remind me how to "disable epsilon", as far as I remember for single-node cluster it should not be in use.

scottgelb

8.1 only for 2040. And no SAN support but looks like it does work from your test.

Sent from my iPhone 5

D_BEREZENKO

Are you shure there is no FC SAN support?

Looks like IP SAN not working as well.

FC ports are Up and in target mode.

Trying to create lun/igroup/portset, start iscsi, start FC with next error:

Data ONTAP API Failed :SAN management operation failed, kernel configuration service cannot communicate with other cluster nodes. Node cl-01 may be in the process of becoming ready, please retry the command. (error 53)

scottgelb

Hwu.netapp.com shows no san support… iscsi or fcp…

D_BEREZENKO

Too sed, to have FC ports and be not able to use them...

Public