ONTAP Discussions

SPM - degraded performance

rogerlee

In SPM tool , if I disable or enable the option "Degrded Performance" in hardware setting, what is the difference between output ?

what kind of performance was degraded and what happend if I enable degraded performance ?

Many thanks  

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi,

Degraded performance OK on HA takeover event Depends on the customer’s need This is a checkbox option. The default position is for the checkbox to be selected, which means that some degree of performance degradation is acceptable if a storage controller in an HA pair is down for a short time. The storage HA pair operates with degraded performance until the failed HA partner is brought back up. If this checkbox is deselected, storage performance is maintained while a storage controller in an HA pair is down. SPM reserves 50% of system resources to guarantee the performance. SPM might recommend additional storage controller HA pairs because of the 50% system resource reservation. Note: When you configure this option, it is important to consider the customer’s requirements.

Refer Page 17 in the link: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4190.pdf

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public