ONTAP Discussions

Highlighted

Service Processor

1) On which port does service processor interface/LIF is configured ?

2) Is there any physical connectivity for SP( Service Processor) to network switch ? I dont see any port assigned for SP when i check "network interafce show".

3) If there is no connectivity how SP/RLO get IP assigned ?

4) We have to modify the IP address of SP interface as we are changing the network switch ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Service Processor

1) IP for SP configured on dedicated wrench port. Usually, it looks like a wrench symbol.

2) which switch you are talking about? Usually, SP connected to the management switch

3) you can use DHCP or configure IP & GF for SP manually

4) I do not see such need

Highlighted

1) I dont see SP configured on any of the ports such as ( e0M , e0a,b,c,d,e,f) . What is the port name and with which command i can check that ?

2) Iam asking is there any physical connectivity for SP from netapp array to network switch , similar to what we have for node management or data ports.

Regards,

Mohit

Highlighted

1)

cluster1::> system service-processor network modify -node local -address-family IPv4 -enable true -ip-address 192.168.1.202 -netmask 255.255.255.0 -gateway 192.168.1.1

2) I do not understand what switch connectivity you are talking about. Usually, e0M & SP (wrench port) living on a single physical port but have two different MAC addresses. And usually, wrench port connected to dedicated management network switch or at least management network VLAN.

Check out the KB!
NetApp Insights To Action
All Community Forums