ONTAP Discussions

Set different autosupport options for each HA system in a 4 node cluster? ONTAP 9.5 and later...

Stefan_R

Hi,

is it possible to configure different autosupport settings for each ha system in a 4-node cluster?

We need to disable autosupport for the 2 old nodes which will be removed in one or two months, and must enable autosupport for the other 2 new nodes.

Next problem: The old nodes had support by NetApp and the new nodes have support by Fujitsu. When i now modify the settings for Fujitsu they will get messages for the old system which they do not support.

Is there a workaround?

Kind regards

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_SR

Starting in ONTAP 9.5 Autosupport commands will affect all nodes in the cluster and any new nodes added to the cluster. I do not find a modifier that will allow configuration on a per node basis. The “-node” option still exists but per the manual has been retained for backward compatibility. Depending on what transport your using you may be able to firewall the old nodes to prevent communication with the internet. If you use a proxy or use SMTP as transport you may be able to black list the nodes on the proxy or mail server to prevent communication.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aladd

Hello @Stefan_R 

From node scope, you should be able to modify using "options autosupport.enable false" to disable ASUPs all together.

To disable the notifications sent to NetApp, you should be able to disable the following option:

autosupport.support.enable

And the below option again, should allow you to define a list of recipients (comma separated and up to 5) to send the ASUPs to.

autosupport.to

I hope this helps!

NetApp_SR

Starting in ONTAP 9.5 Autosupport commands will affect all nodes in the cluster and any new nodes added to the cluster. I do not find a modifier that will allow configuration on a per node basis. The “-node” option still exists but per the manual has been retained for backward compatibility. Depending on what transport your using you may be able to firewall the old nodes to prevent communication with the internet. If you use a proxy or use SMTP as transport you may be able to black list the nodes on the proxy or mail server to prevent communication.

aladd

My mistake, @NetApp_SR  is correct here.

Stefan_R

Hmm... O.k. i will ask the customer to revoke the relay right on the SMTP server for the old nodes... Not perfect, but i think this will work.

Perhaps NetApp think about to change it again, because when a customer has a single cluster with more than 2 nodes which is under support by different companys, this is a problem. In our case NetApp and Fujitsu, it should be possible to configure that on HA pair basis.

Public