Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

SnapDrive process failure in Linux -- more

GLENYU5820
The 'SnapDrive process failure in Linux" was closed to add more comments. I had same issue with SDU v5.3.1 and after tried "export LVM_SUPPRESS_FD_WARNINGS=1" under /etc/profile. it did not help me. Later I found the issue from /etc/multipath.conf, after fixing it. The SDU works fine. Just want to share this out.
2 REPLIES 2

aborzenkov
And what was the issue with multipath.conf?

GLENYU5820
We did not have NetApp suggests settings. Here is what we have working now. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- blacklist { # wwid 26353900f02796769 devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*" devnode "^hd[a-z]" } #multipaths { # multipath { # wwid 3600508b4000156d700012000000b0000 # alias yellow # path_grouping_policy multibus # path_checker readsector0 # path_selector "round-robin 0" # failback manual # rr_weight priorities # no_path_retry 5 # } # multipath { # wwid 1DEC_____321816758474 # alias red # } #} devices { device { vendor "NETAPP" product "LUN" path_grouping_policy group_by_prio features "3 queue_if_no_path pg_init_retries 50" prio "alua" path_checker tur failback immediate path_selector "round-robin 0" hardware_handler "1 alua" rr_weight uniform rr_min_io 128 retain_attached_hw_handler "yes" getuid_callout "/lib/udev/scsi_id -g -u -d /dev/%n" } }
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public