ONTAP Discussions

SnapDrive snapshot disk enumeration error

GOODFELLA2071

Hi,

When expanding the mounted LUNs in order to see the SnapShot copies in SnapDrive I receive the following error:

Error: Failed to enumerate backups for disk \\?\Volume\#################\.  Reasons Failed to retrieve backupList for the source guest.

This is affecting my ability to browse any SnapShots taken.  This is also affecting any backups that I am currently making.  How can I resolve this issue?  If you require any additional information please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

Justin Medcraft

2 REPLIES 2

martin_fisher

Hi Justin, there are few things you could check, are the LUN's mounted for SME, SMSQL?

If you run a << snap list VOLNAME >> on the CLI for the appliance, do you see any snapshots listed? Always worth a check.

Has the LUN been dismounted and remounted at all?

By the looks of it you are using Snapdrive 6, have you tried to establish a new ISCSI session between the host and the Filer?

Are there any snapdrive entries in the windows event logs?

Is the issue isolated to 1 or 2 LUN's or all of them?

Checked the Username and Password for SnapDrive?

Regards

Martin

leearm

Hi, did you ever resolve this issue? If so how? I am experiencing the same problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public