ONTAP Discussions

SnapVault from Cluster to 7-Mode

drhermi

Hi,

Please tell me if it is possible to snapvault data from Ontap 8.3 Cluster Mode to 8.2 7-Mode ?

I want backup my Exchange Environment using SnapVault for Exchange and this tool inform me that I don't have set Primary Storage set corectly, so I read about this and I don't have idea how to set peering beetween cluster (as a primary) to 7-Mode (as a secondary).

Best

Konrad

2 REPLIES 2

deepuj

Hi,

This configuration is not possible. The only time we do a peer relationship from a 7 mode system to a cluster mode system is when we do transition from 7 mode to a new cluster mode system.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

Not sure where you read this, but i'm almost certain this is not possible... The only way to go from 7-mode to cdot is with a TDP relationship and it's only one way.

I'm not aware of any way you can go backwards between cdot and 7-mode.. I think you have misinformation

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public