ONTAP Discussions

Snapvault could not delete

dirkslechten

Hello,

I have one snapvault relation ship that I can not remove.

IBM6040N2> snapvault stop -f IBM6040N2:/vol/BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM

Could not delete qtree: destination is not in snapvaulted state

The lag is like 5000 hours...

IBM6040N2:/vol/BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM                  IBM6040N1:/vol/SV_BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM_IBM6040N2  Source         4916:47:28  Idle

Does anyone has an idee how to remove this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andrc

You need to run `snapvault stop` on the secondary filer and when complete you run `snapvault release` on the primary:

IBM6040N1> snapvault stop -f IBM6040N2:/vol/BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM

IBM6040N2> snapvault release /vol/BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM IBM6040N1:/vol/SV_BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM_IBM6040N2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

andrc

You need to run `snapvault stop` on the secondary filer and when complete you run `snapvault release` on the primary:

IBM6040N1> snapvault stop -f IBM6040N2:/vol/BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM

IBM6040N2> snapvault release /vol/BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM IBM6040N1:/vol/SV_BOOTIVM/qt_BOOTIVM_IBM6040N2

View solution in original post

RANJBASSI

Hi

I have a few questions on deletion of SnapVault relationships.

If I no longer require snapvault relationships and delete these of the source and destination filer.

I have noticed that when I go to the CIFS share I can still see the snapvault snapshots when going to ~snapshots but the snapvault relationship is deleted.

Do I need to delete these manually or they automatically clean themselves up?

Is anyone able to provide details on process of deleting a Snapvault from source and filer?

Many Thanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public