ONTAP Discussions

Volume cleanup

not_a_Lone_wolf

Hi Team. we recently deleted data inside a FlexVol from application end. However, no freed up space was reported up in aggregate. Vol's space slo is none but space-gurantee is volume. we have no snapshots for this volume. So I am wondering if there's a specific reason why I could not observed the freed up space in aggregate. Can somebody please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello,

Freeing space on the volume with the space-guarantee set to vol; you would expect to see free space available at the volume level. The vol is thick provision, so when vol was initially created the size is automatically reserved from the aggregate.

Are you able to see some space freed up at the volume level once those data were deleted?

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

Freeing space on the volume with the space-guarantee set to vol; you would expect to see free space available at the volume level. The vol is thick provision, so when vol was initially created the size is automatically reserved from the aggregate.

Are you able to see some space freed up at the volume level once those data were deleted?

Thanks

not_a_Lone_wolf

hi @hmoubara Thanks for the reply. Yes I can see the free space in the volume level.

Public