ONTAP Discussions

When executing an ONTAP command thru PowerShell using plink or Invoke-NcSSH I am getting an error

tadinifni

I am baffled by this particular issue and need some help. 

I wrote a PowerShell script to add a role to several NetApp controllers. The command is as follows:

$commands =  'security login role modify -role netapp-harvest-role -access readonly -cmddirname cluster identity show '

The error says: "  Error: "identity" was not expected. Please specify -fieldname first.  

However, I ran the command on the cluster CLI and it works without a problem. Its not accepting the second argument in the -cmddirname  attribute. However, it does work with a single argument in this command.

I tried directly with "plink.exe" and  "Invoke-NcSSH"  but neither of them worked.

Here is the command syntax for both.

Invoke-NcSSH

Invoke-NcSsh -Command $commands -Controller $controllerip -Credential $credentials

PLINK

plink.exe -ssh $controllerip -l $username -pw $secondpass -batch $commands

I am not sure whats wrong, but could use some help with this one.

Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hmoubara

Hello,

When running the command syntax, use the {} for the command after cmddirname like in the example below:

$commands =  'security login role modify -role netapp-harvest-role -access readonly -cmddirname {cluster identity show} '

Let me know if this answer your question.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

When running the command syntax, use the {} for the command after cmddirname like in the example below:

$commands =  'security login role modify -role netapp-harvest-role -access readonly -cmddirname {cluster identity show} '

Let me know if this answer your question.

Thanks 

tadinifni

That solved my issue. 

Thanks for the help!

Public