ONTAP Discussions

confgure remote ndmp backup on Veritas NetBackup

FelixZhou

set up NDMP remote backup on Veritas Netbackup (8.1.1) first time. Wish someone can share some experience. thanks

1).  we will need to bak up all cifs/nfs file systems, multi SVMs configured, thought the node level ndmp backup is fit our need.

2).  looks for an example of backup selection (should we specify the snapshot and ndmp format? what is the path format for volumes we should use? what is the easy way to find the volume path?

3). what is usage for backing up volume of LUNs? Assume we will not able to browser the contents from backup console.

4). plan to back up from snapvault or replicas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FelixZhou

use following for Veritas NBU and NetApp node-scoped NDMP setting

backup selection:

/<svm name>/<vol name>

by default, the snapshot and dump mode will be used

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FelixZhou

use following for Veritas NBU and NetApp node-scoped NDMP setting

backup selection:

/<svm name>/<vol name>

by default, the snapshot and dump mode will be used

Ontapforrum

I see a trend here : You seem to post a query and then disregard the suggestion given by the respondents. You come back with your own replies and mark it answered. Interesting!

paul_stejskal

In this case, probably not. I just gave some articles to point Felix in the right direction. I'm glad he gave his solution in case someone else comes across this thread in the future.

FelixZhou

yes, you are right.

I posted my discuss, meantime i am doing my study, research and testing. I am new to NetApp but experienced with EMC VNX. After i figured it out by myself, i would like to share with others.

I dont need any links to NetApp docs since we are NetApp users have access to docs. I only marked a post as solution which i think it worth it whatever i figured out or provided by others.

I learned a lot here.

thanks

Public