ONTAP Discussions

create snapvault from mirrored volume

Terry_Lui

Now in existing environment I was created snapmirror relationship mirrored from production site to DR site. After the relationship has been establish, I was been create a snapvault relationship from DR mirrored volume to off site storage for D2D backup after few days. 

After the vault relationship snapmirrored, I checked to snapshot copy just only one day can be restore or clone. May I know any way or any method can I synchronize all snapshot copy from mirrored volume. Many thanks.....

The snapshot copy just only oneThe snapshot copy just only one

4 REPLIES 4

paul_stejskal

Is this 7-mode? If so that won't be possible with SnapMirror. ONTAP 9 can do that but that looks like a way older version of System Manager. I believe SnapVault might (been a while sorry) be able to do that, but I may be completely wrong too.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Terry_Lui

Hi Paul, thanks for your update.

Now existing was using ONTAP 9, non 7-mode. 

Lets me ask for question for more information, for the mirrored volume has been created at 24DEC2021. For the vault volume was created at 30DEC21. My question is can be the snapshot at 25DEC21 at the vault volume or not? thanks. 

paul_stejskal

It may be possible but may require a newer version of ONTAP. That looks like a pretty old GUI.

aladd
Public