ONTAP Discussions

is DFSR possible?

wolfy

Hi all

I am trying to find out if NetApp CIFS share can be added onto a DFSR member. 

Currently i have our NetApp CIFS share added into our DFS name space, and our users are accessing the CIFS share via DFS name. I wanted to add a windows file server into the mix and then replacate some, if not all data from NetApp CIFS to the windows file server.

I have searched the internet for a while and there was a few peoiple with the same question which all were not possible due to windows server recognizing the netapp as a diffrent OS (obv) but all those threads were 7-10 years ago so i was wondering if i was able to achieve this now?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Hi there,

As of 20 Aug 2021, DFS-Replication from a NetApp system onto a Windows system is not possible. 

If you're interested in doing it for DR, a scripted xcopy, or use of NetApp's Cloud Sync product may be suitable.

Hope this helps,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AlexDawson

Hi there,

As of 20 Aug 2021, DFS-Replication from a NetApp system onto a Windows system is not possible. 

If you're interested in doing it for DR, a scripted xcopy, or use of NetApp's Cloud Sync product may be suitable.

Hope this helps,

Alex

wolfy

I see, thanks mate.

Do you know by any chance if its planned in the future roadmap or anything?

Cheers.

AlexDawson

Any discussion about future roadmaps, including presence/absence of a feature, would need to be under NDA with your account team, sorry!

Public