ONTAP Discussions

is DFSR possible?

wolfy

Hi all

I am trying to find out if NetApp CIFS share can be added onto a DFSR member. 

Currently i have our NetApp CIFS share added into our DFS name space, and our users are accessing the CIFS share via DFS name. I wanted to add a windows file server into the mix and then replacate some, if not all data from NetApp CIFS to the windows file server.

I have searched the internet for a while and there was a few peoiple with the same question which all were not possible due to windows server recognizing the netapp as a diffrent OS (obv) but all those threads were 7-10 years ago so i was wondering if i was able to achieve this now?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

Hi there,

As of 20 Aug 2021, DFS-Replication from a NetApp system onto a Windows system is not possible. 

If you're interested in doing it for DR, a scripted xcopy, or use of NetApp's Cloud Sync product may be suitable.

Hope this helps,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AlexDawson

Hi there,

As of 20 Aug 2021, DFS-Replication from a NetApp system onto a Windows system is not possible. 

If you're interested in doing it for DR, a scripted xcopy, or use of NetApp's Cloud Sync product may be suitable.

Hope this helps,

Alex

View solution in original post

wolfy

I see, thanks mate.

Do you know by any chance if its planned in the future roadmap or anything?

Cheers.

Any discussion about future roadmaps, including presence/absence of a feature, would need to be under NDA with your account team, sorry!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public