ONTAP Discussions

iscsi svm migration

ccahuana

hello All,

i have to migrate a iscsi svm (luns are for exchange server)  from cluster A to Cluster B (new hardware).

As preparation i have done following:

-I have snapmirrored all volumes from A to B.

-I have copied all igroups from A to B.

-On B I have mapped the luns to  igroups with the same LUN IDs   as these are used for lun mapping in A.

-On the Day of final migration , i will take the iscsi Lif IPs from A to  B.

-On the Day of Migration, the exchange admin will shutdown his exchange server. Then I will do my final storage tasks and then he will start his exchange server and he expects to everything works fine.

My questions are:

-Are my preparation ok?

-The iscsi server on B has another target-name than the iscsi server in A.  Shoud i rename the B target-name to  the name of the target-name in A?

-A colleague told to me, the vols in B have to have the same uuid as in A.   Is that right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccahuana
Hallo,
SVM DR does not work with Metrocluster.
My migration is done. My preparation was ok. One thing: I changed the LUN serial-hex from B to the LUN serial-hex from A.
The Exchange Admin was happy. 😊

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

paul_stejskal

Maybe use SVM DR? Sounds like you got everything. I would test with a test LUN and test server just to be safe.

ccahuana
Hallo,
SVM DR does not work with Metrocluster.
My migration is done. My preparation was ok. One thing: I changed the LUN serial-hex from B to the LUN serial-hex from A.
The Exchange Admin was happy. 😊
Public