We have been getting these event logs. Been looking at the other posts but not getting anywhere.
secd.conn.auth.failure: Vserver (xxx_svm1) could not make a connection over the network to server (ip xxx.xxx.180.80, port 445) via interface xxx.x.180.249. Error: Operation timed out.
This message occurs when the Vserver cannot establish a TCP/UDP connection to or be authenticated by an outside server such as NIS, LSA, LDAP and KDC. Subsequently, some features of the storage system relying on this connection might not function correctly.
Ensure that the server being accessed is up and responding to requests. Ensure that there are no networking issues stopping the Vserver from communicating with this server. If the error reported is related to an authentication attempt, ensure that any related configurable user credentials are set correctly.
PInging from the command using the lif that is reported to be the issue resulted Ok (is alive). Please advise before we open a case with support.
nas::> vserver services name-service dns check -vserver xxx_svm1 Name Server Vserver Name Server Status Status Details ------------- --------------- ------------ -------------------------- xxx_svm1 xxx.xxx.180.80 up Response time (msec): 4 xxx_svm1 xxx.xxx.180.81 up Response time (msec): 1 2 entries were displayed.
We occured the same issue on Version 9.1P8. There was no connection issue or any issues related with our CIFS.
After the Update on Version 9.1P3 the EMS Events stopped and everything was fine.
Two days ago I change the DNS Servers (added two new ones, while removing the old ones). We still do not have any issues with the connection to the DNS-Servers or the CIFS, but the messages are showing up again.
I've planed an Update on Version 9.3P5 in a few days.
I can keep you updated, if the EMS Events keep showing up after the update or if they disapear.
If they disapear the bug may still be present, but only shows if there are changes in the DNS-Settings.
Re-addressing this issue which just appeared in our events. They started occurring yesterday after our Domain Functional Level was raised on all our Domain Controllers due to them all being upgraded to Windows 2016 i.e. level 7 when a dsquery is performed. Everything seems ok though with communications between the NetApp and other systems. We are at 9.1P8