ONTAP Discussions

snapmirror System Manager shows Unprotected volume

jan123

Hello

I have SVM snapmirror. All looks good. The initialization run ok. Scheduled transfers run ok. All volumes transfered from source  svm to destination svm. The only weird think is that in Volume tab in source cluster I see in Protection column the green shield that says that the vol is snapmirror protected. However if I click on the volume to see the details it says at "SNAPMIRROR (LOCAL OR REMOTE)"  that the volume is not Unprotected. Why? Can anybody explain this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

RossC

Hi @jan123 

Can you confirm what ONTAP version you are running? 

jan123

Hi

the latest 9.11.1P3

RossC

Hi @jan123 

From the source cluster CLI run,

cluster1::> volume show -vserver <SVM_name> -volume <vol_name>

Basically just want to see if it's a UI issue/bug but the actual volume or volumes you are seeing this issue on is actually protected. The parameter output from that command that shows the status I believe is "Vserver DR Protection". 

If the output shows as unprotected for the volume in question, then I would raise a support case so our team can dive into why the snapmirror is showing healthy,  but not all volumes are protected. 

Hope this helps.

jan123

Hello

it is protected

vserver volume vserver-dr-protection
------- -------- ---------------------
svm1 filedata protected

RossC

Hi @jan123 

Suggest opening up a support case with our team then so they can check if this is a issue with the System Manager GUI or something else going on. Might be a simple answer or could be something that needs further review.

Public