The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

vFiler - Multiple Networks - same VLAN

JAMES_LYNES

I was wondering if I can have some advice about our exisiting vFiler configurations. 

We have the following IFGRP 

ifgrp create lacp IFGRP0 -b ip e0a e0b e0c e0d

This is then set to trunk our management and iSCSI connections

vlan create IFGRP0 123 456

We then have vFiler's each with 2 ipaddresses from a single VLAN. For exmaple, vf_TEST has 192.168.0.1 & 192.168.0.2. When this is mapped to VMware, it can see 2 paths to the LUN. 

My question is, what benefit is there for having to paths comming from the same network aggreagate? A former colleague suggested this was the correct setup, however I cant see the benefit. 

1 REPLY 1

raj_shrivastava11

Hi,

Actually i dont see a benifit of using 2 IPs from same vlan.

to take a benifit and be more redundant u should use 2 vLan's and 1 IP from each vlan.

This way u can differentiate the traffic by mounting the datastores using different IPs from these 2 different vlans.

BR

Raj

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public