ONTAP Discussions

OSSV Exclude System Volume information

psvw

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Netapp. I have a win2012server in a remote office I am backing up with OSSV. It is currently backing up Dedup .ccc files from D:\System Volume Information\dedup\chunkstore. I wish to exclude this directory as it makes no sense to backup. I have opened up the file-exclude text file from: C:\Program Files\netapp\snapvault\etc. I have added: D:\System Volume Information\ to the exlcude list. Is there anything else I need to perform other then restarting the service for this change to take affect?

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

raj_shrivastava11

Hi,

If you wish to exclude entire directly, u should add a entry in Pathexluce.txt file instead of Fileexclude.txt.

Fileexclude.txt is for specific file exclusions.

Hope this helps

BR

Raj

Sahana

Hi,

DATA EXCLUSIONS

OSSV can exclude certain data from backup. The following files on the OSSV host can be populated to exclude specific data:

\etc\file-exclude.txt

\etc\path-exclude.txt

\etc\file-system-exclude.txt

The file-exclude.txt and path-exclude.txt files accept wildcards. The file-system-exclude.txt file does not.

Note: The file-system-exclude.txt file is not available on Windows or AIX hosts.

Refer http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-3466.pdf page 9

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public