ONTAP Discussions

OSSV Exclude System Volume information

psvw

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Netapp. I have a win2012server in a remote office I am backing up with OSSV. It is currently backing up Dedup .ccc files from D:\System Volume Information\dedup\chunkstore. I wish to exclude this directory as it makes no sense to backup. I have opened up the file-exclude text file from: C:\Program Files\netapp\snapvault\etc. I have added: D:\System Volume Information\ to the exlcude list. Is there anything else I need to perform other then restarting the service for this change to take affect?

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

DATA EXCLUSIONS

OSSV can exclude certain data from backup. The following files on the OSSV host can be populated to exclude specific data:

\etc\file-exclude.txt

\etc\path-exclude.txt

\etc\file-system-exclude.txt

The file-exclude.txt and path-exclude.txt files accept wildcards. The file-system-exclude.txt file does not.

Note: The file-system-exclude.txt file is not available on Windows or AIX hosts.

Refer http://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-3466.pdf page 9

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

raj_shrivastava11

Hi,

If you wish to exclude entire directly, u should add a entry in Pathexluce.txt file instead of Fileexclude.txt.

Fileexclude.txt is for specific file exclusions.

Hope this helps

BR

Raj

Public