The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

what is the access level required on 7 mode system to initiate 7mtt migration

shrini

Hello,

What is the access level a user has to have on 7 mode system to initiate a 7mtt transition project?

I do not have root level access and below is the error I get when I run an assessment.

"Checking whether NetBIOS aliases are configured on the 7-Mode storage system 'vfiler0@XXXX'.Failed to check whether NetBIOS aliases are configured on the 7-Mode storage system 'vfiler0@XXXX'. Error Code: 13003 Reason: User XXXX does not have capability to invoke API cifs-nbalias-names-get."

1 REPLY 1

Sahana

Hi,

It maybe because 7MTT Precheck 20092 - NetBIOS aliases feature is not supported in clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.x. Refer KB 8010416

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public