ONTAP Discussions

what's remote disk naming rule in the MetroCluster IP?

Daniel_66

Remote disk is named as "0m.i1.5L82" in the output of  the command "sysconfig -r",  what does the fields of " 0m.i1.5L82" mean?  Can we identify a disk location by these fields of " 0m.i1.5L82"?  I found the disk naming rule of MetroCluster FC, but not one of  MetroCluster IP.  I look forward to your help, thanks.

the output of "sysconfig -r" is as follow:

Daniel_66_0-1639397565719.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akiendl

akiendl_0-1639408259846.png

Just look at shelf and bay in sysconfig -r. ignore the device name.

ak.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ontapforrum

Take a look here.

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-metrocluster/maintain/concept_identifying_storage_in_a_mcc_ip_configuration.ht...

When you view shelf information from a MetroCluster site, all remote drives are on 0m, the virtual iSCSI host adapter. This means that the drives are accessed via the MetroCluster IP interfaces. All other drives are local.

After identifying whether a shelf is remote (on 0m), you can further identify the drive or shelf by the serial number or, depending on shelf ID assignments in your configuration, by shelf ID.

akiendl

akiendl_0-1639408259846.png

Just look at shelf and bay in sysconfig -r. ignore the device name.

ak.

iant424242

Hello

What about ADP root-data-data.

Thanks

Ian

akiendl

what do you mean with ADP? if you have ADP each disk will be listed out 3 times as P1-P3. however the shelf and bay info will stay the same.

iant424242
Hello

Agreed it will be listed, but the pool 1 naming convention based on adapter 0m and 0v does not correlate with what disk is what.
Or maybe ihe commands I run, for example:
Disk partition show
Etc..
Make it difficult to understand, unless there is an underlying command that makes it easy to understand.

Apologies, for not being clearer earlier

Get Outlook for Android

Ian Thompson
Technical Consultant
Maple Networks Limited
E: ithompson@maplenetworks.co.uk | W: www.maplenetworks.co.uk
A: Maple Networks, The Metal Box Factory, Great Guildford St, Southwark, London,SE1 0HS
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Daniel_66

Thank you for your reply, this is a good workaround.

Public