ONTAP Hardware

A250 Internal shelf F/W

dmarkham_peak

Building out a new A250 with only an internal NVMe shelf.   "sysconfig -a" shows the current shelf F/W for that internal shelf.

Shelf 0: NS224NSM8E  Firmware rev. NSM8E A: 0110  NSM8E B: 0110

When looking at the shelf firmware download page I only see F/W for the "NSM100, NVMe for NS224 Shelf" in the list and nothing for the NS224NSM8E shelf.

I have downloaded the all_shelf_fw.zip file and applied to the nodes.   The internal shelf does not get updated and stays at version 0110.

My question is whether F/W version 0110 is the current version for the internal NVMe shelf on the A250 and if so why isn't that internal shelf showing as a line item on the shelf F/W download page?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darb0505

As @pedro_rocha already mention.  The internal shelf module, NSM8E, gets the firmware update from the ONTAP upgrade.  The firmware is bundled with the ONTAP image.  I believe that ONTAP 9.10.1 still includes firmware 01.10. 

There is a new firmware version, 01.20, coming out.  You can reference Bug 1437389 regarding the new firmware.  I believe this is firmware update will be packaged in the new ONTAP release coming out.

Thanks,

Brad

Team NetApp

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pedro_rocha

Hello, did you check this?

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Flash_Storage/AFF_Series/Unable_to_update_internal_shelf_firmware_on_AFF_A250

So basically, go ahead and upgrade ONTAP to have the newer version for NSM8E.

The KB states that 9.9.1 has 01.10. I do not know if 9.10 has a newer version...

Regards,

Pedro

darb0505

As @pedro_rocha already mention.  The internal shelf module, NSM8E, gets the firmware update from the ONTAP upgrade.  The firmware is bundled with the ONTAP image.  I believe that ONTAP 9.10.1 still includes firmware 01.10. 

There is a new firmware version, 01.20, coming out.  You can reference Bug 1437389 regarding the new firmware.  I believe this is firmware update will be packaged in the new ONTAP release coming out.

Thanks,

Brad

Team NetApp

dmarkham_peak

So we have upgraded to Ontap 9.10.1P3 and the firmware is still showing as 01.10 so I assume that is the latest.   Sounds like the F/W for those shelves gets upgraded with Ontap so no action needed at this point.

Public